Monday, August 29, 2011

Colin Powell Says He’s Not Sold on Obama for 2008

colin powell is not yet sold in Barack obama

Your Black World reports.

Colin Powell made headlines in 2008 when he stepped away from the Republican Party and supported President Barack Obama.  Powell still respects Obama, but says that he has yet to be sold on the idea of reelection. 

“I haven’t decided who I’m going to vote for,” Powell said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “Just as was the case in 2008, I am going to watch the campaign unfold. In the course of my life I have voted for Democrats, I have voted for Republicans, I have changed from one four-year cycle to another.
“I’ve always felt it my responsibility as a citizen to take a look at the issues, examine the candidates, and pick the person that I think is best qualified for the office of the president in that year. And not just solely on the basis of party affiliation,” he said.

But Powell didn’t seem impressed with either the Democrats or the Republicans, stating that he was also not sure which Republican candidate he likes the most or if any had gotten him especially excited.  Powell said that the Republican Party has some “interesting candidates,” but no one who has “emerged into the leading position.” “So let’s see if anybody else is going to join, and we’ve got a long way to go,” he also said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive